Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sweet Gifts

Last week at school it was the 5th Grade Christmas Store. So all of the different grades get to go shopping in the store. It has been interesting to see the things that Tyler has brought home from the store every year. In Kindergarten he didn't buy himself anything. He gave his money to kids who didn't bring any to school. He said it was service. (He loves to do service.) In 1rst grade he bought Scott and I Christmas presents. Scott got a book that Tyler and him could read together and I got a pencil and stickers for my pre-school. This year I told him that he could get whatever he wanted for himself because he was using his own money. Before he left to school Tyler and Azlynn (Tyler's best friend) were talking about the store and Azlynn's mom reminded her that she couldn't get any stuffed animals. Tyler bought himself a bear and saw that Azlynn wanted a stuffed animal. He bought one for Azlynn and when it was lunch time he asked his teacher for the key to the class room. He went to the class room and left the bear on Azlynn's desk for her and left her a letter with it. He said that she was so happy that she jumped up and down. I told Tyler that it was romantic that he did that for her. I thought that it was sooo cute! Tyler was so proud of himself for being nice to Azlynn. I am truly glad that Tyler has such a great friend.

3 comments:

Eric and Andrea said...

What a sweet story! You've got a great kid there!

We miss you too! We hope you have a fabulous holiday!

AMS said...

Yes, SO sweet! And she hasn't let go of that bear since! I'm waiting for my chance to snatch it and at least put it through the wash :)

Teri's Life said...

Oh cute! That was so sweet of tyler.