Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Change







It seems like everything changes at once. Tyler just tested for his red belt! He did great. I can't believe that he knows so much. I guess it's time to start saving up for him to go and test for his black belt in Houston. It will be here before we know it! Great work Tyler!



Our ward just split. So I got released from primary. It has been sad for me. I will miss all the the children and my counselors. I did go to the primary program that was last week. (The first day of the split) It was beautiful. The children sang so great. It was hard for me to watch knowing that my calling was over. I really do love all of them.



Now that Scott and I have a break from callings we need to start focusing on the adoption more. We are having our home study done again. That means that it has been another year. We are starting to look at more options. It's hard because I know that we are suppose to adopt, but it is taking us so long! It's hard to know what rout to take. All we can do is pray about it and do what is right for our family.



So changes are hard but they always seem to turn out. Tyler is growing up and even though I always tell him to stop growing I know that he is growing into a strong, amazing boy! The ward split has been hard but I'm sure that the new ward will be great. The adoption process has been long and hard so far. I have learned to put things in the Lords hands and everything will turn out the way that it is suppose to.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for that, Janae. I need to remember that, too.

Teri's Life said...

Ster is definately gonna miss you! He adores you and Scott - although with him trying to hide behind me you'd never guess.

Anonymous said...

Janae - I hear you pain in your post. You're so positive and I know you're trying to seem lighthearted about it - but losing part of your ward is like losing family and I'm sorry for the loss! There was something so special about that ward. We were lucky to get to be a part of it even if it was a short time. You guys will be greatly missed by them. I know the new ward will be benefited greatly though. Hang in there - you'll make new friends before you know it. As for the baby stuff - my prayers are with you guys always - you deserve a baby like no other.

On a side note, a funny thing happened last week - Amber (Weller) and our families went on a cruise and one night we were hot-tubbin' and this couple came into the hot tub and we both looked at each other and said - she looks just like Janae Laycock! So you have a twin who lives in Arizona. We thought it was so funny and of course that started the whole - she's so great - we love her - she's the best preschool teacher ever - we miss her! blah blah blah - it went on for (hours!) - :)
Anyway - friendships are forever man. Hang in there.

Sonya said...

Janae, You are amazing and an example to me. You will definately be missed! You are so positive and strong to leave things in the Lord's hands. I will pray for you guys!
Love, Sonya