Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blessings in Disguise

You know how sometimes things happen and at first they seem horrible but then blessings happen because of them. I was able to experience that this week. I was debating if I should even write about this on my blog page, but decided that I needed to. Especially if a birth mother or birth father decides to read my blog. My nephew had a beautiful baby girl on Thursday. She was a tiny thing and absolutely perfect. My Nephew and his old girl friend were not sure what they were going to do at first. They decided a couple months ago to place their baby for adoption. I was so proud of them for making that choice. He has grown so much from this experience and it has been a blessing in his life. I'm sure it has been a great blessing for the adoptive couple who had been waiting for years to have a child enter their forever family. But I don't think that he realizes that it has been a blessing in my life also. It has helped me to understand more what it is like to have a situation that seems unbearable and keep moving on in life. Not only move on but to think of what is best for your baby and love unconditionally. It is a kind of love that is unselfish.

No comments: