Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Love Teaching!

I really love teaching my pre-school kids. This week reminded me again of how fun it is. Every once in a while a kid in class does something so funny, and it reminds me how much fun I have with all of them. In my older classes this week I was teaching the kids about health and we were talking about germs. During circle time my student Brielle raised her hand and told me that her dad had taught her about a new kind of germ. She said that it was called a cootie, and you get it when you kiss a boy! I could totally picture, in my mind, Brielle's dad giving her and her older sister the "cootie" talk. I laughed so hard it took a few minutes before I could get on with the lesson. Then we were talking about killing germs by washing your hands and Brielle said, "You would have to take a really long shower to get the cootie germ off of you!" I just about died from laughing so hard. Thank You Brielle for making my week at school so much fun! I love you and all of my kids!

1 comment:

AMS said...

Haha! Chuck's so proud. I'm so embarressed!